I am a food adoring Brit who has recently relocated upside down to Queensland with her lovely boyfriend.
I have decided to hop on the Blog train to indulge more into my culinary hobby and share with fellow foodies my various invented recipes, recommended eateries , restaurant reviews and general food related chitchat!
I am quite positive I think about food more than boys are assumed to think about sex!
When it comes to reading material, I’m more fixated on menus than fiction and must admit that Dining Out will always remain to be the two most exciting words to my rather small ears.
Ever since I can remember I was enthusiastic about new and different foods- I was caught happily munching on a potted plant from the moment I began to crawl so I guess that’s saying something…
It didn’t stop from there…at the age of six, I asked a waitress for a cup of Earl Grey Tea and demanded she ensure the custard on my pudding was Devonshire custard before serving it to me- much to my poor mother’s horror!
Whilst my brother gorged on “just chips with ketchup” on Holidays as wee kiddies, my parents looked on nervously as I unrelentingly ignored the kids menu and ordered the most expensive local cuisine on offer such as Lobster, Squid and Paella.
I can’t deny there have been embarrassing incidents related to my hedonistic passion…I have shed tears over far too many meals that haven’t met my expectations, eaten a burger out of a bin which looked too delicious to waste and fell out with my school friends when they decided to scoff my piece of chocolate fudge tart when I went to get a spoon-I admit I’m still mad about that one!
On my first girls Holiday abroad, as they had their heads in the bowl from too many Sambuca shots, I was left retching with them after polishing off all the food they had left at dinner!
I won’t deny I once ate a whole Lemon Meringue pie in a school break either!
Once older, I thankfully began to pay more Interest in cooking the food as opposed to just eating it and this became more of a passion once I bagged myself a boy to live with who I could create magical, gourmet feasts for.
Although I have no Professional Kitchen experience, I pride myself on my broad palette, imaginative flare and combination of flavours in dishes which I hope you will see from this Blog.
And hey, I may be a self-confessed Food Snob but I still love a good McDonalds!
If I could be in a room with one famous person it would be red-faced, genius Heston Blumenthal who is somewhat of a God in my eyes- yes I have been promised a meal at The Fat Duck on my return to Blighty so I expect to be able to gush more about his inconceivable creations then!
Overall, my new life in Queensland is laid-back and sun-filled and I am very much enjoying experiencing new tastes on offer here such as Custard Apples, Barramundi, Wattle seed and of course Kangaroo!
I hope you enjoy my posts anyway and take something from them, even if it is just to have a little chuckle over a gluttonous fool like me!
Happy Eating!



No comments:
Post a Comment